Why Policy Audits & Best Practice Assessments Matter
Adopting the built-in features of our Next-Generation Firewalls reduces network security risks. The Firewall Policy and Best Practice Assessment identify opportunities for remediation, enabling you to:
The Assessment consists of several parts: the assessment itself, a Security Policy Capability Adoption Heatmap, and an executive summary. The Best Practice Assessment is a focused evaluation of your adoption of security configuration best practices for Next-Generation Firewalls or network security management, grouped by policies, objects, networks, and devices.
- Reduce re-work and change requests due to misconfigurations.
- Ensure you’re on top of your configurations and avoid receiving urgent calls about misconfigurations at the eleventh hour.
- Build confidence in your controls through visibility.
- Quickly understand where to focus your security team’s efforts.
- Regular assessments can help your network administrative team prioritize tasks to address deficiencies.
Benefits of a policy audit & best practice assessment
A quick and easy assessment that provides a barometer of your security implementation.
- Understand how to better protect your network by looking deep into your security policy adoption.
- Cleanup unused rules and objects
- Cleanup permissive rules
- Validate key settings
- Adopt a unified policy format
- Improve your security team’s efficiency by following easy-to-action recommendations.